Monday, June 9, 2008

Myself as an IUP C&T student & my experiences and challenges

Well, I've completed my first week in the summer Composition and TESOL doctoral program here at Indiana University of Pennsylvania. The program has been as intense as I've heard. However, I have been able to actually begin to enjoy learning.

The biggest challenge I've faced is having to relearn things I thought I already understood. For example, I really thought I understood what literacy, discipline, and discourse meant. My knowlede of these words have just shifted as I have a new paradigm of viewing some of this vocabulary. ....ummm shades of Kuhn turing everyone upside down with his theory of Scientific Revolution...... grin.......still real green in all of this.

2 comments:

Sarah Henderson Lee said...

You are such an expert on paradigm shifts! -Sarah

James Goertel said...

Nice job!