Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Trying new technology with a box on my head

Okay, not only was I walking around with a box on my head, I was also only in a bra and panties. Regardless of the fact that this was my Avitar, it was humiliating. It's curious to me that I can be humiliated in a virtual reality......I see shades of a dissertation here. Regardless, once I become competent with Second Life, I can see how it will be effective with my students. They love technology and goofing around on the Internet is never "academic work" for them. They'll be learning and won't even know it.

My web page is terrific. I'm so satisfied with how it is developing. Hopefully, with a few more additions, I'll be finished. I had a professional web page before, but because I really didn't understand how to use the tools of "PageMaker" I stumbled around. Front Page has been great.

1 comment:

Frances Crawford Fennessy said...

Well at least you weren't naked. I mean you did have a bra, panties, and a box on. My husband says that for most people the avatar represents the self. My question is: do these people who create an avatar to recreate themselves ever create a second avatar to create something else?